Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hugs and Kisses Quilt...


I've named this my "Hugs and Kisses" quilt. It's filled with x's and o's...


When I finished all our children's and grandchildren's quilts for Christmas, I knew the next quilt I wanted to make would be for my sister. If anyone deserves a little tlc and x's and o's, it's my sister. Do you see all those hugs and kisses in the printed fabrics?



Even the design of the quilting is filled with hugs!


I dropped off my last quilt top and bottom at the longarm quilter's home last week. Our move across the country is looming, and I need to get more serious about getting the house ready to list and us ready to move. I've been working in that direction for months, but next month we plan on selling the house, and by June we'll be settling in Massachusetts. I'm so excited about this new adventure. I just really hope there are some good fabric shops in the northern Massachusets/southern New Hampshire areas. Fingers crossed!

Here's the back of the quilt...


My sister has done so much for our family. This little quilt is a drop in the bucket of the appreciation I feel for her. She's an amazing woman and sister, and I'm so blessed to have her in my life. I hope she bundles up in this quilt with her adorable puppy Charlie and is reminded of my love for her when she's snuggling in it!